Share the Love this February

share your coffee love story

After a long and cold January, it’s time to start heating things up.

That’s why we want to hear your most romantic coffee date stories! Did you meet the love of your life over coffee? Was it a blind date? Did you bump into them in the line-up for your morning latte? Dish it!

Tell us all about it in the comments section below and you’ll be entered to win a 3-pack of freshly roasted, delicious ethical bean coffee. You’ll can have your pick of ground or whole bean. We’ll do a random draw on February 14th – just in time to share memories of your first date over a heart-warming cup of ethical bean coffee!

9 Responses to Share the Love this February

1. Anne says:

We met 10 years ago in a restuarant we both worked at. We were both at University and didn’t have much money. At first it was just friends going for coffee, that slowly changed, and we are now married with two great children. We still sneak off for quiet coffee time.

2. Lori says:

I never drank coffee 22 years ago when we met through friends/family. On our 1st date he was so nervous he ate the shells on the shrimp & almost knocked over a glass of water. We are celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary this year…which is also his favourite number. I never drank coffee for 41 yrs but have enjoyed it for a few years now that ‘someone’ introduced me to locally roasted beans and a french press. I can honestly say after 22 years I still ‘like’ him:)

3. Jeff says:

The first date with my beautiful wife was at a small gourmet restaurant in Guelph, Ontario. We met online and quickly decided to forgo lengthy e-mails back and forth and just meet in person. We set up our date for later in the evening after kid’s bedtime and decided it would be over coffee and treats. Our time that evening was perfect and late last fall, we were married!

4. Sarah says:

It was mesmerizing. The light had long since faded from the sky, even sitting inside, I knew the temperature outside dropped, but none of that mattered. My life was forever changed.

I sat sipping a small coffee staring at the face of love. After 40+ weeks and a beautiful labour I held our third baby, born valentines day 2011. A couple hours old and the entire world stopped in awe. Now at 2, she is as in love with life as ever – and has mastered the espresso machine. Each day when mommy or daddy needs a coffee, she insists she’s the one to make it.

We go through a few more beans per cup than we might otherwise, but to see her brilliant smile it’s worth it.

5. Scatteredmom says:

In my 20s, I worked at a coffee shop. There was a regular customer named John who often visited. Soon I began to remember his order and would have it ready as soon as I saw him come in the door. He then began showing up around the time when he figured I’d have a break. This happened every day for a year and a half. We became very good friends, despite the fact that we had a 20 year age difference. Finally, he asked me if I wanted to go for a ride on his motorcycle. The rest is history-we were married a year later, despite protests from family and friends that it could never work because of our age difference.

Our 20 year wedding anniversary is this summer, and we have a 17 year old son (and fellow coffee lover!). All this time later, I still make up the perfect cup of coffee for my husband.

6. Jenn says:

My husband and I have been together since high school (16 years). That first summer we were dating, he would always bring me an iced coffee. He now makes my coffee for me in the morning before he leaves for work, even though he doesn’t drink it.

7. Brooke says:

I was a waitress in high school and my steady boyfriend at the time (now a good friend)would come in several times a week to sit down and have coffee with me on my break. It made the diner I worked in very special.

8. sana says:

5 years of getting married!!! first meet him at my school and fall in love…..after going through a lot of hard time, finally we got married 🙂 We LOVE to have coffee together when ever is possible….

9. Juliane Siu says:

My husband and I met just over 10 years ago when I worked at a coffee shop across the street from where he worked. Over time, as we both grew into our own individuals selves while growing closer together as a couple, we discovered one common and un-changing thing about each other: our love for a good French pressed bodum of Ethical Bean Lush coffee every single morning 🙂