Our coffee may be black, but our building is green. In fact, our Vancouver roasting facility and Roastery Café was built to LEED Gold Standard.
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) is an internationally recognized green building certification system. This system provides third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies intended to improve performance in metrics such as energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
In addition to producing delicious coffee, a list of our building efficiencies includes:
- extensive use of natural light
- high efficiency lighting
- low flow shower and toilets
- non-toxic, low VOC paint and floor finishes
- high efficiency HVAC
- Energy Star equipment (when available)
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified wood