Chemex Giveaway Rules and Regulations
Ethical Bean Coffee Chemex Kit Give-Away Contest (the “Contest”) Official Rules (the “Contest Rules”)
1. Visit www.ethicalbean.com (the “Website”), and enter via our PunchTab contest platform. Every person who enters will be automatically entered into a draw for the Ultimate Chemex Kit.
2. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada and the USA who have reached the age of majority in their respective state, province or territory at the time they enter the contest, or have written permission from their parent or legal guardian, excluding all residents of the Province of Quebec, provided that the Contest is not open to the following: individuals associated with the Contest, including without limitation all employees, contractors, agents, and representatives of Ethical Bean Coffee Company, their affiliated companies, their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and suppliers providing the Prize or other materials and services in connection with the Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”); members of the immediate families of the Excluded Individuals, including brothers, sisters, children, fathers, mothers, or legal or common law spouses; and other individuals with whom any Excluded Individual resides.
3. The Prize will consist of the following:
* 6 Cup Chemex Coffee Maker
* 1 Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
* 1 Reusable Able Kone Coffee Filter
* 1 BonaVita 1.0L Gooseneck Electric Kettle
* 1 AWS Precision Weigh Scale
* 8 340g Bags of Ethical Bean Whole Bean Coffee (1 bag of each of Ethical Bean Coffee’s lineup)
* Shipping of said prize to winner’s location.
4. The following other conditions apply:
* Ethical Bean Coffee Company, and its respective affiliates, employees, contractors, representatives and agents, and other suppliers of the Prize (hereinafter collectively the “Contest Sponsors”) will not replace the prize if lost or stolen.
* The Contest Sponsors reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
* The Contest winner is responsible for all taxes, surcharges and fees associated with receipt or use of the Prize.
* The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
* The Prize may not be transferred or assigned except by the Contest Sponsors or as otherwise indicated herein.
* Only the listed Prize will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute any component of the Prize for its cash value or a prize of equal or greater retail value. The Prize is non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged by the Contest winner for cash or other substitutes.
* All charges or expenses other than those specifically mentioned in section 3 as part of the Prize, are the responsibility of the Contest winner.
* Other restrictions may apply.
5. Contest begins at 9.00 a.m. PST on August 28th, 2014 and runs until 11.59 p.m. PST on September 28th, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). On or about September 29th, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. PST, one (1) entry form will be drawn at random from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, in order to award the Prize (the “Contest Draw”). Odds of winning depend on the number of entries listed in accordance with section 1 above. Entries will not be eligible if not entered in accordance with Section 1 above or if not received during the Contest Period.
6. Ethical Bean Coffee Company will attempt to contact the selected entrant by e-mail to the e-mail address specified by the selected entrant in his or her entry form, no later than September 29th, 2014. In order to be declared the winner of the Contest, the selected entrant must be in compliance with these Contest Rules; an Ethical Bean Coffee Company employee must be able to reach the selected entrant by e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of the time at which the selected entrant’s entry was selected, as evidenced by a return e-mail from the selected entrant; the selected entrant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without the assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise; and the selected complete, sign and return a standard form of declaration of compliance and liability release prepared by Ethical Bean Coffee Company by the return date specified by Ethical Bean Coffee Company. Should the selected entrant not be reached within such forty-eight (48) hour period for any reason, including, but not limited to, the fact that the selected entrant did not provide a functioning e-mail address, or if, within forty-eight (48) hours after being reached, the selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question or does not meet all of the Contest conditions, the Prize shall be automatically forfeited by that selected entrant. In such an event, another draw shall then be conducted where one (1) entry form will be drawn at random from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period. An Ethical Bean Coffee Company employee shall attempt to contact the new selected entrant by e-mail, to the e-mail address specified by the new selected entrant in his or her entry form, within forty-eight (48) hours of the time at which such selection and was selected, such selection will be otherwise subject to the same conditions as set out in these Contest Rules. No e-mail contact will be made or any other correspondence sent to any Contest entrants regarding who is the winner of the Contest other than to the selected entrant(s).
7. If a selected entrant or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, Ethical Bean Coffee Company reserves the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest, and in such an event, another draw shall be conducted where one (1) entry form will be drawn at random from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period and such selection will be otherwise subject to the same conditions as set out in section 6 above.
8. By entering the Contest, the winner grants each Contest Sponsor and other affiliated companies involved in the Contest, their agents and representatives unlimited use of his or her name, city, photograph, statements and/or likeness in any and all media without remuneration throughout the world in perpetuity for the purpose of advertising and/or promotion.
9. The Contest winner must sign a Declaration of Compliance and Liability Release confirming compliance with all Contest rules and releasing the Contest Sponsors and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents and representatives and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability arising in any manner out of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection of the Prize winner, the administration of the Contest, and acceptance or use of any or all of the Prize as awarded. The Contest winner must return such documents signed by the Contest winner by the return date specified by Ethical Bean Coffee Company.
10. Ethical Bean Coffee Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate, close, suspend, reinstate or amend in whole or in part the Contest at any time without prior notice for any reason whatsoever.
11. All decisions by Ethical Bean Coffee Company with respect to all aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding. All entrants agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of Ethical Bean Coffee Company. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest Rules or any decision rendered by Ethical Bean Coffee Company, the decision or interpretation of Ethical Bean Coffee Company shall prevail.
12. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, to interfere with the Contest or these Contest Rules, deliberately to damage any website or to undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages or other relief or both from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future Ethical Bean Coffee Company Contests.
13. Any membership information that is illegible, or incomplete, or altered, or false is invalid.
14. The Contest Sponsors and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents and representatives shall not be responsible for entries not received or not considered eligible due to incomplete, unclear or indecipherable information, failed or interrupted network connections or other mechanical or technical problems, however caused, including a busy phone signal. The Contest Sponsors shall have no liability for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure, interruption, delay, error or omission of the Website or features on the Website during the Contest, for any problems, including mechanical or technical malfunction of, or damage to, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, for failure of any email or entry to be received by Ethical Bean Coffee Company for any reason, for damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer, or for breaches of privacy for any reason beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors, including interference by third party computer “hackers”.
15. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually and which changes shall be posted only at Ethical Bean Coffee Company. By entering the Contest, each entrant automatically releases the Ethical Bean Coffee Company and any other person or entity associated in any way with the Contest, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, representatives and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability arising in any manner out of the Contest, including, without limitation, the selection of the Prize winner, the administration of the Contest and the acceptance of the Prize as awarded and further indemnify Ethical Bean Coffee Company, against losses, etc., resulting from participation in the contest and receipt or use of the prize.
16. Each Contest Sponsor does not and will not assume responsibility of any nature whatsoever in all cases where its inability to hold the Contest results from any event beyond the reasonable control of Ethical Bean Coffee Company including, without limitation, a fortuitous event or irresistible force, any public health emergency or medical quarantine, any strike, lock-out or other labour conflict in any establishment.
18. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
19. If any provision of these Contest Rules or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall, to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Contest Rules, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby and each provision of these Contest Rules shall be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law and be independent of every other provision of these Contest Rules.
20. The Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in Vancouver, British Columbia.