Careers at Ethical Bean Coffee
Ethical Bean Outreach and Brand Ambassador
Ethical Bean Coffee is looking for an enthusiastic coffee-lover to represent us on the frontlines at grocery store demonstrations and community events. If your ideal part-time job has you schmoozing to the public, organizing great displays, and talkin’ coffee, then this is for you!
We take great pride in the amazing Fairtrade organic coffee we roast here in East Vancouver and need your help in communicating who we are and what we do to our new and loyal customers around the lower mainland. We will make sure you’re fully trained to brew a great cup and answer a world of coffee questions.
To be awesome at this job, you have:
• attention to detail to remember all the little things that need to be transported to and from an event
• a natural multi-tasking ability to ensure fresh coffee is being served while you chat-up new and loyal customers
• the gift of the gab to approach customers and tell them about what we do in an outgoing and respectful manner
• a planning mindset to ask the right questions before an event
• a self-starter who is able to work independently and return thorough reports
• flexible trouble-shooting instincts to think on-the-fly when Murphy’s Law (whatever can go wrong, will go wrong!) strikes
• a passion for fantastic coffee and Ethical Bean!
A valid driver’s license is a must. Proof of Hepatitis A vaccination and FoodSafe Certificate are an asset and will need to be completed before individual may commence work. Reimbursement will be considered after an initial probation period.
This is a contract position with flexible hours, with shifts organized at the latest on roughly 2 weeks notice. The ideal candidate will be available for weekend and weekday work, roughly 15 – 25 hours per month. The average shift is about 5 – 7 hours and tends to be in the morning, when coffee shines the brightest!
Please send a brief letter explaining why you would be great ambassador along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About Ethical Bean: Ethical Bean Coffee roasts only Fairtrade Certified, Organic coffee from around the world. Founded in 2003, the Vancouver, BC based company is committed to ensuring smal l -scale farmers receive a fair price for their efforts. Ethical Bean coffee is roasted in a carbon neutral facility where the company works from the ground up to reduce their impact on the environment. In 2010 Ethical Bean launched their iPhone App allowing customers to follow the story of their coffee from crop to cup. For more information visit www.ethicalbean.com.
(Posted October 27, 2015)