Below we have summarized key information from our privacy notice (“Notice”) for your convenience. Please scroll down to read our full Notice.
- We collect personal information you provide to us and information we collect automatically, including device, App usage and analytics information. Read more…
- We collect personal information when you interact with the App.
- We use your information to send you relevant content and information about us; process and complete orders you place; improve, adjust, and protect the App, its content, our services, and our networks; respond to your inquiries; contact you when necessary; and as otherwise described when the information is collected. Read more…
- We may share your information with our affiliates, parent company, and subsidiaries; with third-party service providers who service the App; if we believe there has been a crime or violation of our policy; with judicial, law enforcement, and other governmental authorities; as otherwise required by law; and as otherwise disclosed to you. Read more…
- California residents: We may share your personal information with affiliated third parties for advertising purposes. Read more…
- We use “cookies” to help operate the site and remember your preferences. You may have the ability to change your device’s cookie preferences, but doing so may prevent some site functionalities from working. Read more…
- If you decide to reset your device’s advertising ID, we will not attempt to link your old advertising ID to the new one. Read more…
- The App may link to third-party websites, including our online store operated by Shopify in Canada and Amazon in the United States. This Notice does not apply to those websites. Read more…
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. Read more…
- We keep your information for as long necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and for as long as applicable law allows us to maintain it. Read more…
- We use technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal information, but no security is perfect, and we cannot guarantee our measures. Read more…
- We may update this Notice at any time. Continuing to use the App following posting of a new Privacy Notice constitutes acceptance of its terms. Read more…
- California residents: We collect information when you provide it to us and automatically when you use the App. To exercise your rights over personal information we have collected about you, please click here. To opt out of sale of your personal information, please click here. Read more …
- Nevada residents: To opt out of sale of your personal information, please click here.
This privacy notice (“Notice”) sets out how Ethical Bean Coffee uses and protects the information you provide when you use the Ethical Bean mobile application (the “App”).
Ethical Bean Coffee is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that personal information we collect from you will only be used in accordance with this privacy Notice. Ethical Bean Coffee may change this Notice from time to time by updating this page.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When registering for an account on the App, you may be asked for your name and contact information and to create a password. When ordering through the Shopify online store, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, credit card information or other details including information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers to help you with your experience.
Information about your device — including your device type, advertising ID, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device — may be automatically collected when you use the App. Additionally, as you browse our online store, we collect information about the products you view and how you navigate around the App. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit this website.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the App and collect data including your device ID, browser type, mobile service provider, device type, and operating system.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse this website.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information from you when you download and use the App, register a customer account, place an order, locate a store, or otherwise enter information on the App.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you browse the App, register, make a purchase, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or use other App features in the following ways: to personalize user experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested, to quickly process your transactions, and to communicate with you about your order status. We use Device information to improve, adjust, and protect the App, its content, our services, and our networks.
We also send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail, depending on your contact preferences and the personal information you have provided.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our App users, except as described here. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. For California residents, please see “Your California Privacy Rights” below.
During the normal course of our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity in connection with the transaction. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use personal information provided through the App in a manner that is consistent with this Notice.
We do occasionally provide a list of email addresses to advertising partners in order to reach our customers, these email addresses are used so that those partners can help us reach you with promotional offers, they are not provided to third parties for their own use. We encourage you to review the Privacy Policies of platforms that offer these services such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social networks. These sites have separate and independent privacy policies and we are not responsible or liable for the content and activities of these sites.
DO WE USE “COOKIES” OR OTHER TRACKERS?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the App or service provider’s systems to recognize your device or browser and capture and remember certain information.
You may have the ability to choose not to receive cookies or to disable certain cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, some features will be disabled that make your App experience more efficient, and some of our services will not function properly.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better App experience, by enabling us to monitor which features you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We use tracking pixels to help us market to customers who are curious about our products.
Your mobile device may allow you options to control the means by which advertising information is collected about you, including the option of resetting your advertising identifier. If you do so, we will not attempt to link information collected using your former advertising ID to your new advertising ID. Please refer to your device manufacturer’s website or your device’s “Help” section for more information on controlling your tracking preferences.
HOW CAN YOU OPT-OUT, REMOVE OR MODIFY INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US?
Please click here to exercise California or Nevada rights related to personal information.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products, services or partnerships with other businesses on our App in an attempt to provide you with increase value. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome your feedback about organizations we choose to partner with.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under 16 years of age, and no part of the service is directed to children under the age of 16. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at the contact information listed below. If we learn that we have collected personal information from children under 16, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We highly value our customers’ privacy and work hard to protect and secure your information. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we take steps to ensure that our security, and the security of our partners and service providers, meets or exceeds generally accepted industry standards.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
In the future, we may modify or update this Notice, so please review it periodically. Your continued use of Ethical Bean Coffee and this website after any modification to this Notice will constitute your acceptance of such modification.
If you have any questions about this Notice, you can contact us at:
Ethical Bean Coffee
1315 Kootenay St
Vancouver, British Columbia
V5K 4Y3, Canada
We would be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.
California Privacy Notice
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Your privacy is important to us. This California Privacy Notice supplements our Website Privacy Notice and describes the types of information we collect from and about California residents when you visit any of our websites where this policy is posted (or the mobile optimized version of the website) (each a “Site”). This Privacy Notice also explains how we may use and disclose such information, as well as your ability to control certain uses of it. Please review our Website Privacy Notice for additional information about how we use your personal data. Any terms defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) have the same meeting when used in this California Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect
|Category of Personal Information||Examples|
|Identifiers||Real name, postal address, IP address, email address, account name, social media account name|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Age, gender, race, ethnic background|
|Commercial information||Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; purchase histories|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Page views, Site browsing history, information about your interaction with our Site|
We do not collect the following categories of personal information using the Site:
- biometric information, such as fingerprints or faceprints;
- geolocation data;
- sensory data, such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or olfactory information;
- professional or employment-related information; or
- education information.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Site require cookies. You are free to set your Internet browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, and to omit images (which will disable pixel tags). On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. By doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers. You can learn more about and opt out from receiving third party advertiser cookies by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page here. We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
How We Use and Share Your Information
We use your personal information as described in the Website Privacy Notice.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our website visitors except as described here. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. Please see “Your Rights and Choices” below for information on how to opt out of the sale of your data.
We may share personal information we collect from and about you with our third-party service providers for the following business purposes:
- To assist us in responding to your comments or questions, or contacting you if needed while processing a product or service you requested through our website;
- To improve our website, products, and services; develop new products or services; and conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- To review the usage and operations of our Site and improve our content, products; and services;
- To send you promotional offers, newsletters, materials, and other communications and information about Kraft Heinz, its portfolio of brands, affiliates, and its partners;
- To provide you with content that is customized to your interests, targeted offers, and advertising on the Sites, on third party sites and media platforms, including in social media, or via email, depending on your preferences;
- To contact you as necessary when you enter a contest, sweepstakes, or game in order to conduct the promotion (for example, to contact you if you’re a winner);
- To conduct joint promotions with third-party partners, where such personal information is necessary to conduct the promotion;
- To address problems with the Site or our business;
- To manage our telecommunications networks;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection; and
- To process credit/debit card information where needed to process payments and prevent fraud.
Additionally, if you use the Site to connect with third-party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about how we collected and used your personal information during the previous 12 months. Specifically, you have the right to request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources of personal information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purpose(s) for which we collected or sold your personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with which we share your personal information and, where such disclosures were for a business purpose, the personal information categories that each category of third-party recipients received and, where such disclosures were sales, the personal information categories purchased by each category of recipient;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
You also have the right to request that we delete personal information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you would like to exercise the rights set out above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us via:
- Phone at: 1-855-634-1984
A verifiable consumer request must provide us adequate information to allow us to (1) reasonably verify that you are the individual whose personal information we collected (or an authorized representative) and (2) to understand your request so that we can process and respond to it. Please note that only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may submit a verifiable consumer request for your personal information. You may submit verifiable consumer requests on behalf of your minor children.
Once we have received and verified your request, we will send a confirmation of our receipt of your request and, within 45 days, either a copy of the requested information or confirmation of deletion, as applicable. If, for any reason, we are unable to fulfill your request, we will notify you and provide an explanation.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Updates To This California Privacy Notice
We may change or update portions of this California Privacy Notice at any time. When we do, we will post the change(s) on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes. Please check back from time to time so you are aware of any changes or updates to the notice. If we make any material changes, we will provide appropriate notice to you. We will indicate the notice’s effective date at the top of the notice.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this California Privacy Notice, you can contact us at:
The Kraft Heinz Company
200 E. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60601
Attention: Data Privacy Team
Call us at 1-855-634-1984
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.